Wednesday, September 30, 2015

About Me

My journey into the field of nutrition started with curiosity. I sat with one hand holding a burger from a fast food joint in my college student center wondering how to eat healthier.

I am a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist practicing in New York. I graduated from Rutgers University with a Bachelor's of Science  in Nutritional Sciences-Dietetics option and also completed my Dietetic Internship from Rutgers. I obtained my Master's of Science in Foods and Nutrition at NYU Steinhardt.  My passions include food, nutrition, and cooking. When I'm not at work or in the kitchen, you can find me swimming, cycling, and running. I consider myself a newbie cook and a rookie athlete.

As a dietitian, I don't have to be a great cook. I typically eat what everyone else eats, but unlike everyone else, I am more aware of the health implications of my food selections. Lately,  my curiosity motivates me to explore my kitchen more and to try  recipes that are easy, quick, and healthy.  I enjoy exploring various types of foods from different cultures and its health impact on the individual. I strive to use my food and nutrition explorations to better connect with food and my patients or clients without blowing their budget.

My mission is to provide evidence-based, food, nutrition, and health information for everyday living at various stages of adult health.